This episode Tony and talk all about programming. Yep, we talk about whether schools are starting students with too difficult a language or not. We also talk about Australia’s decision to make coding mandatory, but at what cost.
Check out the agenda below:
- Revisiting Why Johnny Can’t Code: Have We “Made the Print Too Small”? a. Link: http://slashdot.org/story/06/09/14/0320238/why-johnny-cant-code
- Should we start with spreadsheets and BASIC?
- Programming or history by Doug Johnson – The Blue Skunk Blog – Revisit w/ Tim a. Link: http://doug-johnson.squarespace.com/blue-skunk-blog/2015/10/19/programming-or-history.html
- Australia was dropping geography & history to teach programming
- Tim is this true?
- Is Coding just the flavor of the month?
- Snow Crash by Neil Stephensen: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FBJCJE/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1
You can listen to it right now as well or download it HERE!