Episode 150 is HERE! For the special occasion we have brought back Mr. Omar Ghosn (cofounder of IT Babble) to talk ed tech once again. The episode is a little longer than normal but certainly a great one.
As always you can find our podcast on iTunes (please subscribe) or on your favorite podcasting app.
- Welcome to 150! – What’s everyone been up to?
- Social media in schools
- Should it be used at all?
- Instant messaging vs Social media
- If yes, how should it be used?
- Etiquette vs Ethics?
- FOMO vs JOMO?
- My 9 year old and her relationship with social media (Seesaw, Whatsapp, Musically)
- The Man Who Knew Too Littleby Sam Dolnick of the NY Times – https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/10/style/the-man-who-knew-too-little.html
- Eduro Learning Discussion about social media – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzCUtMDKhSY
- Tony’s post – https://itbabble.com/2018/03/18/its-time-to-regulate-social-media-in-schools/
- 1:1 Programs in schools – Mobile Devices vs Laptop
- Is a Chromebook a mobile device or a laptop
- Remix OS – http://www.jide.com/remixos-for-mobile
- Samsung DEX – http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/samsung-dex/
- Omar’s prediction – modular design
- Eye strain because we are so connected
- Kids are being given iPads and numerous tasks on devices (screen time)
- F.Lux – https://justgetflux.com/
- Reading mode on mobile device
- Should we continue to focus on it?
- Studies show a link between writing on paper and stronger “connections”
- And if students are to type…how can we “control” their devices in a BYOD setting? Most testing software does not lock you in – MAP testing software does
You can download this episode here!