Part 1 was a quick rundown of how we successfully utilized Google Forms to allow parents to sign up for our After School Activities (ASA’s). I didn’t dive into the nitty-gritty when it came to the details about how we utilized the Form Ranger Add-On with Google Forms to make it all work. I made a quickish (it’s about 7 minutes long – I’m out of practice) video to show it, but some people like to see the steps broken down, so keep on reading if that’s you.Continue reading “Google Forms + Form ranger = Event Signup – Part 2”
Tony and Patrick are back and having more fun than ever. As always, you can find our podcast on your favorite podcasting app or on Podomatic. Check out the talking points below and if you have any humorous clips you want on the show – reach out to us in the comments!
- Tony and Patrick catch up
- New sounds for top of the- show
- Google Forms + Form Ranger detailed post
- Apple’s new event
- What would you like to see?
- Is Tony done with Chromebooks?
$33.99 – Really?
- Windows 10 – Could be the best option but it is still the most annoying operating system on the market
- Dystopian School Follow Up- We will only use Linux, but you can choose your flavor
Download the episode HERE
Google Forms is pretty great. It’s easy to use, it presents the results in easy to digest graphs and it stores all the raw data in a spreadsheet so you can then organize and display however you want. Despite all this is does fall short in a number of areas. One of those is for event registration.
What we are doing at my school is offering After School Activities (ASAs). These are not free and there are limited spots to each activity. In the past we used online form services such as Wufoo or Cognito Forms as we can add those limitations, but then outputing the data didn’t always look great and you are also paying for a service.
As for parents paying, that is handled by our business office individually with each family, so our form does not need to collect and process payment and we can always shut down a Google Form whenever we need to, but the form must be able to limit how many people can be signed up for a particular activity.Continue reading “Google Forms + Form Ranger = Event Signup”
We are back again! This time we don’t just talk about ed tech but also give some beverage recommendations as well as some TV viewing choices. Check out the talking points below and as always,, find us on your favorite podcasting app!
- Elysian Night Owl & Liquid Death Sparkling Water – Approved by IT Babble
- TV Review – Squid Game on Netflix
- Trailer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqxAJKy0ii4
- Google Forms for event sign up
- Don’t use blockchain
- Your cloud storage is ruining your life
- Current folders
- Archive folders
Download it here!